You are now going to add a section to your blog entitle ‘Genre Research’. In this section you should outline:
- What genre is
- Its advantages and disadvantages
- The genre you have chosen for your film and its conventions
- The origins/history of your chosen genre
- Some particular good examples (such as films/director/producers/actors) of your chosen genre and why you think they are good
- An in-depth discussion of one particular film from your genre that you think is a good example of your genre and why
Think about the quality of your work.
To clarify, all the following points must be addressed when writing about your three film openings:
- the genre
- key technical and symbolic codes and the connotations they create
- key words, images and sounds and what they signify
- what does the opening sequence tell you about the film and what are your expectations?
- who is the audience and how do you know?
Think about the quality of what you are writing in each post.
Then consider your creative post.
Ms K 🙂
Watch 10mins of the start of Coronation Street and answer the following spending no more than 45mins.
Discuss the technical and symbolic codes employed in the extract and what they suggest about the characters to the audience. Please make reference to:
1) Mise en scene
Due on Monday 20th October
PRE READING TV Drama ws1 – thinking about the genre
Spending no longer than 45mins, answer the bullet points on the attached. This is due Wednesday