Prepare a case study of one movie’s marketing campaign. Choose one of these films. Use the links as a starting point.
Blair Witch Project; Inception; The Hunger Games;
The Dark Knight; Guardians of the Galaxy; Lucy; Godzilla;
Transformers: Age of Extinction; AI; Cloverfield; The Matrix;
Avatar; Tron Legacy; The Avengers.
- What is the film and what is it about?
- What high budget marketing was used and what did it involve? Trailer for TV and cinema, Big billboards, Posters on buses at bus stops, Elaborate website, Merchandising, Expensive events, Famous stars on chat shows, e.g. Graham Norton?
- How successful do you think the high budget marketing was?
- What low budget marketing was used and what did it involve? Website, Social media, Cheap event marketing, Viral marketing , Guerilla marketing
- How successful do you think the low budget marketing was?
- If you were responsible for the film how would you improve the marketing?
- Come up with an event marketing, viral marketing and guerrilla marketing campaign for the film